Site Investigation Support
Geotron UK provide a range of on-site services to support clients during their environmental and geotechnical site investigation and contaminated land remediation programmes.
We are involved during the site work phase of a drilling/remediation programme, working to a client supplied design. During our work we are able to collect soil and rock samples, undertake in-situ geotechnical testing, install gas and groundwater monitoring wells plus other downhole instrumentation and produce factual reports of the works undertaken.
We are able to manage the transport of samples to geotechnical and environmental testing laboratories and report on the results from client specified testing schedules.
We are not able to provide an in-house investigation design and interpretation/advisory service although, working with our consulting partners we can cover this aspect if required.
Our full range of specialist equipment allows us to offer:
- Concrete coring/sawing or breaking out of surface hardstanding
- Excavation of service inspection pits using hand tools or vacuum excavation techniques
- Drilling of boreholes by a wide range of techniques including window sampling (hand held or tracked rig); cable
- Percussion and rotary drilling (dynamic sampling, hollow stem auger, rotary open hole, rotary coring, rotary percussive)
- Soil Sampling (disturbed and undisturbed), in-situ geotechnical testing (standard penetration tests, dynamic probing),
- Permeability/packer testing
- Well installation and development; well repair and rehabilitation, well decommissioning and reinstatement
- Direct injection of remediation product during contaminated land remediation programmes
- Various bespoke practical solutions to your site work needs
Working with our partners in the industry we can also offer:
- Underground utility surveys/service clearance
- Topographical/GPS survey
- Down hole geophysical surveys
- UXO surveys
- CBR/Plate Bearing Testing
- Geotechnical and Environmental Laboratory Testing
- Trial pit/trench excavation by mechanical excavators
- Waste Management